A book I co-authored with Rob Kitchin in 2001 is now available for free online. The book is basically out of print now, so we decided to get the copyright back from the publisher Pearson. (The full content can be downloaded here, made available on Creative Commons License. )
Dowload for free:
Download by sections (warning some pdf files are very big):
- Cover (552 KB pdf)
- Preliminaries (2.3 MB pdf)
- Chapter 1 : Mapping Cyberspace (1.5 MB pdf)
- Chapter 2: Mapping Infrastructure and Traffic (82 MB pdf)
- Chapter 3: Mapping the Web (29 MB pdf)
- Chapter 4: Mapping Conversation and Community (58 MB pdf)
- Chapter 5: Imagining Cyberspace (63 MB pdf)
- Chapter 6: Final Thoughts (1.4 MB pdf)
- Further Reading (1.5 MB pdf)
- Index (1.5 MB pdf)
Many thanks to Pearson for willingly granting the copyright back to us and to their staff for handling this process so efficiently.
If you're still interested in getting a hard copy of the Atlas of Cyberspace there are a good number of second hand copies available to buy (e.g. see AbeBooks listing).
Atlas of Cyberspace by Martin Dodge & Rob Kitchin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.