The theme issue I have been co-editing with Chris Perkins is now officially published in Geoforum. There are five papers and a fairly lengthy introductory essay from us.
Geoforum, vol. 40, No. 4, July 2009
Edited by Martin Dodge and Chris Perkins
1. Theme introduction: The 'view from nowhere'? Spatial politics and cultural significance of high-resolution satellite imagery
Martin Dodge, Chris Perkins
2. Walter Benjamin's Dionysian Adventures on Google Earth
Paul Kingsbury, John Paul Jones III
3. NGOs as intelligence agencies: The empowerment of transnational advocacy networks and the media by commercial remote sensing in the case of the Iranian nuclear program
Sean Aday, Steven Livingston
4. Placemarks and waterlines: Racialized cyberscapes in post-Katrina Google Earth
Michael Crutcher, Matthew Zook
5. Digging into Google Earth: An analysis of 'Crisis in Darfur'
6. Satellite imagery and the spectacle of secret spaces
Chris Perkins, Martin Dodge